Saturday, September 3, 2011

Island Hopping



It's almost been a week here in Greece.  I flew into Athens and stayed in the "Backpacker Athens" hostel which is about a 5 minute walk to the Acropolis ruins.  It was an awesome place to stay for a few days, where I met other travelers on "holiday" meaning they pretty much take the entire month of August off to go travel around, while others were traveling for 6 months because their new job didn't start until January of next year.  It's hard to wrap my head around 6 months of living a life out of a backpack.  It's only been a week out of my 3 months and so far it's been a non-stop adventure.  Waking up a 7 am when you've been out until 4am to catch a ferry to Mykonos is brutal, but that fades away as you approach the Island and see it's beauty.  Imagine this, a beautiful rocky island in the middle of the Mediterranean, crystal blue water, not a cloud in the sky, sitting at the beach enjoying a cold one.

I am currently in Santorini a Greek Island that sits around an active volcano.  Probably the most beautiful place I've ever seen.  Fera, the town we are staying in sits on top of a cliff that is 1,000s of feet from the Mediterranean.  It's pretty unbelievable to think how man has been able to construct a city so high up.  As I was riding in the public bus up to the Hostel all you can think about is that if this bus is to blow a tire and run off the side of the road then we are all done.  Thank god that didn't happen.

I woke up at 1:15pm this afternoon, and that my friends is an all-time record.  Typically I am up a 8:30am waking people up.  I guess my body just needed the sleep to rejuvenate who knows.  What's next? Turkey then Israel or Israel then Turkey....  still trying to make the decision. 

Stay tuned for the web-series on Monday

Buy a Good Vibes T-shirt and watch the web-series @ www.LiveGoodVibes.com
Buy the Self Discovery Album @ iTunes


www.LiveGoodVibes.com

1 comment: