Thursday, June 23, 2011

The Inspiration

After studying abroad in London during the fall of 2008 I knew traveling was something I wanted to continue to do through the course of my life.  The travel bug you hear people talking about is absolutely real and I've got it!!  After graduating from South Carolina I remember thinking to myself of how I could sustain a living while enjoying the pleasures of traveling.

So here's the story in a nutshell.  In 2008 I move to Denver, CO for 6 months to snowboard and enjoy what the mountains had to offer.  With the economy at its lowest point and jobs nowhere to be found I packed my bags and headed to Yeosu, South Korea to teach English at a high school in the southern province of Korea.  After some fun there I landed a lift operator gig on Vail Mountain.  This was probably one of the most fun times thus far in my life, where I snowboarded just about every day.

 Still trying to figure out "what I wanted to do with my life??" I landed a sales job with the Colorado Rapids Soccer Club, a Major League Soccer Team in Denver.  And what do you know!! The year I started with the team was the year we win the MLS Cup Championship. We actually got Rings!!!

During my tenor with the Rapids I had a relapse of an auto-immune condition called "alopeica areata", a rare skin disorder that attacks hair follicles causing hair to fall out.  This was when music found me and I began to write songs and perform around Denver.  At this same time I started my company Good Vibes which focuses on living our lives to the fullest, following your our true passions and doing what we love.

As I travel through Europe I will be playing in small gigs spreading the Good Vibes and following my passions of Travel and Music.  Get ready for the ride it's gonna be a blast!!

Buy a Good Vibes T-Shirt and help us spread the movement as we spread the Good Vibes!!

No comments:

Post a Comment